Autoclaving the non gamma-irradiated Microbox
Autoclave containers and medium separately so polypropylene containers hold their shape and can be re-used a number of times.
- Pack stacked containers and covers separately in an autoclavable bag
- Autoclave containers and covers
- Unwrap containers and covers in sterile conditions
- Fill containers with warm sterilized medium under LAF (Laminar Air Flow)
- Carefully snap cover around entire rim to securely close
- Store containers with medium in a clean area
Autoclave containers filled with medium
- Fill the containers with medium
- Place a piece of non-woven tissue on one edge of each container before loosely closing lids, allowing for vapor to enter the Microbox during autoclaving
- If condensation is a problem, cover lids loosely with aluminum foil to prevent filters from getting wet
- Put containers in autoclave
- Slowly build up pressure to prevent lids from closing
- After sterilization, slowly reduce the pressure in the autoclave and remove container.
- Remove non-woven tissue and carefully snap cover around entire rim to securely close.
- Store containers with medium in a clean area.